Boston’s favourite sons Aerosmith play Dublin’s 3Arena tomorrow, June 14th. Here’s why we recommend you go:
1. It’s their Aero-Vederci Tour, i.e., their final ever European tour. Well, that’s what we were told. They’ve since changed their minds. Rocker’s Prerogative and all that. Will they play select dates in Europe after this? Probably. Will they include Dublin? Hard to say. This could be your last chance to see Aerosmith on our shores
2. Even after 47 years, they’re still incredible live. Frontman Steven Tyler is 70 next year, but has the energy of a man one-third his age. Unlike many singers of his generation, it appears his voice hasn’t deteriorated a bit. Lead Guitarist Joe Perry smoulders onstage, the counterpoint to Tyler’s snake-hipped shenanigans. Hamilton on bass, Whitford on guitar and Kramer on drums are no slouches either, but chances are your eyeballs will be concentrated on one or other of The Toxic Twins for the majority of the gig
3. Their back catalogue. Think about it: Dream On, Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Dude (Looks Like A Lady), Janie’s Got A Gun, Livin’ On The Edge, Draw The Line….the list goes on. ***SPOILER ALERT*** They’re doing ‘Seasons Of Wither’ on this tour, which is alone worth the price of admission
4. They’re not plugging a new album, so expect back-to-back classics.
5. The 3Arena is a fantastic venue – there are no bad seats in the house. You’ll feel the electricity from what’s on stage even if you’re sitting up in The Gods